Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I Bet We Can Find 1,000,000 People Who Will Be Annoyed By This Blog!

So I'm scanning down my Facebook last night, looking for the usual freebies. Free toys for my Petville puppy, free food for my Cafe World cafe, Farmville bonus's...you know...the general YoCrap. And every other post seemed to say...

"So and so has joined "I bet we can find 1,000,000 people who..."

This hasn't been going on for days, or weeks...this has been going on for MONTHS! Everybody is searching for 1,000,000 people who do something or other.

I promise you...whether you support Minnesotans, Texan's, Saint's Fans, Vikings fans, gay marriage, anti gay marriage, animal rights, hunters rights, Twilight haters, extreme Twilight haters, abortion, anti abortion...no matter what it is, some putz on Facebook is looking for not just you, but 999,999 of your friends!

So what I would like to know is this.

What makes 1,000,000 the magic number? Why not 999,999, or better yet, why not 1,000,001? Wouldn't you think that at least one group would want to be one better than all the other 1,000,000 groups out there looking for 1,000,000 people?

Look, don't get me wrong. I am all for finding a cause and supporting it. I don't want adorable dolphins in my tuna sandwiches or some guy in ice skates wearing a dead animal to look pretty any more than the next guy. But 1,000,000 people banding together with the purpose of reaching a magical number doesn't stop charlie the tuna from filching Skipper from the sea and it's not going to get the fur of the ice.

You want to support a cause, get involved. Research the organization and find out how you can volunteer your time, then go and send out fliers, attend protests, donate blood, write letters to your government do whatever it takes to effect change. Because if you think joining these 1,000,000 man join-up's is doing a single thing to help your cause, you're deluding yourself. If you really, really want to do something to make the world a better place, Stop wasting your time on Facebook and enter into the world you are so desperate to change...

If you do that you'll be leaving space on MY FACEBOOK for the things that matter to me.

If you do that, we both win...

...and the world wins.

Join the Anti 1,000,000 Movement!

Note: This group is a statement and not meant to be confused with an actual group! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment