Friday, February 26, 2010

What's the Best Tuna...

So I'm making up for the fact that I blew this blog off for two weeks by double blogging today. Fact is, I've got lots on the jumble of tissue that is my mind and this just didn't seem to fit with my rant about teenage idiocy...hence...two blogs in one day.

You know how once and awhile you'll be sitting around, it's like...almost painfully quiet, but it's a peaceful quiet. Then all of a sudden, something jumps into your head. A part of a quote that niggles at your head until you remember the whole thing, a single line from a song that bugs you until you can remember the rest of the song...things like that.

For me it was a jingle.

Picture the scene...I'm sitting at my computer, kids at school, landlady from hell isn't home, her evil incarnate mutt is being quiet for once along with the nasty little lap yipper next door. The only sound is the tap-tap of my keyboard. And then it happened...

"Whats the best tuna..."

And that was it. Over and over these words repeated in my head, keeping me locked in their iron grip, refusing to let me go until I solved the mystery of their long lost partner in wordage.

For nearly ten minutes it drove me mad. I couldn't escape them. Like a evil mantra over and over in my head...

"What's the best tuna...what's the best tuna...what's the best tuna....what's the best tuna..."

Finally I closed the story I was working on and opened Firefox, then, just as I was typing the words into google the final words of the puzzle slipped into place.

"...Chicken of the sea!"

I breathed a deep sigh of relief. My tortured mind, finally, at long last...had found peace.

But not really.

That one phrase acted like a trigger, bringing forth every single jingle I had ever heard from the time I became aware of sound until present day and they ran like a never ending commercial in my mind.

"I am stuck on band-aid cause band-aid stuck on me..."

"My bologna has a first name, it's O-S-C-A-R..."

"Hey KOOLAID! OH YEAAAAAAHHHH!!"

Finally, after more than an hour of this, and having actually posted a jingle in my facebook status, I came to the conclusion that not only was I out of my mind...

... my mother let me watch WAY too much T.V. when I was a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment